Amma has brought forth the true meaning and significance of traditional rituals and festivals and created some now-cherished traditions of Her own. When Amma celebrates a festival, it is invariably imbued with a new charm and sense of purpose; rituals that may have become dry or rote are brought to life by Amma’s divine participation.
At Amritapuri Ashram, we celebrate Onam, Krishna’s birthday, Christmas, Amma’s birthday… whether it be through the message She might give on that day, illuminating the higher purpose of the festival or simply through observing Her own innocent, wholehearted participation, we can see and feel Amma’s unique touch in every celebration.
In truth, Amma doesn’t celebrate Her birthday, Her children do. But see what Amma does on Her birthday. Each year She gives saris to 10,000 impoverished women, keys to 5,000 homes for the poor, pensions to 10,000. She feeds tens of thousands of Her children even before She has eaten anything Herself. Thirty minutes are allotted for the children to perform rituals in worship of Amma, and twenty-three and a half hours for Amma to bless Her children. This is how She celebrates Her birthday.
- A transformation should happen in man’s mind and ideology, in his perspective and actions. We should be able to live in harmony […]
- Amma started throwing Colored powder all around. It was flying everywhere. Amma then took and shot streams through the air – water […]
- 1st March 2022, Shivaratri Celebrations – Amritapuri Excerpts from Amma’s Shivaratri Message India is a land of countless religious festivals and celebrations. […]
- Try to do all your actions as an offering to God, and to accept their results as God’s will, with courage and […]
- Love thy neighbour as thyself, Christ said. Being a good neighbour is a quality we should have in every circumstance and at […]
- Only when one gets a few blows in life does one learn to look within. It is when we experience tragedy that […]
- 11 March, 2021 – Shivaratri celebrations, Amritpuri Excerpts from Amma’s message on Shivaratri Sivaratri is the night that gives us supreme auspiciousness. […]
- The fragrance of goodness travels equally in all directions. The post Karuna-virus can conquer the coronavirus appeared first on Amma, Mata Amritanandamayi […]
- In life we only have two options. The first is to put in effort. The second is to accept. We cannot change […]
- Lord Shiva is the supreme bliss and complete perfection of that ego-renunciation. Shivaratri is the knowledge 'I am that perfection'. The post […]