Amma has brought forth the true meaning and significance of traditional rituals and festivals and created some now-cherished traditions of Her own. When Amma celebrates a festival, it is invariably imbued with a new charm and sense of purpose; rituals that may have become dry or rote are brought to life by Amma’s divine participation.
At Amritapuri Ashram, we celebrate Onam, Krishna’s birthday, Christmas, Amma’s birthday… whether it be through the message She might give on that day, illuminating the higher purpose of the festival or simply through observing Her own innocent, wholehearted participation, we can see and feel Amma’s unique touch in every celebration.
In truth, Amma doesn’t celebrate Her birthday, Her children do. But see what Amma does on Her birthday. Each year She gives saris to 10,000 impoverished women, keys to 5,000 homes for the poor, pensions to 10,000. She feeds tens of thousands of Her children even before She has eaten anything Herself. Thirty minutes are allotted for the children to perform rituals in worship of Amma, and twenty-three and a half hours for Amma to bless Her children. This is how She celebrates Her birthday.
- In life we only have two options. The first is to put in effort. The second is to accept. We cannot change […]
- Lord Shiva is the supreme bliss and complete perfection of that ego-renunciation. Shivaratri is the knowledge 'I am that perfection'. The post […]
- Its message is that our life's supreme goal is to seek and attain that bright star: God. In the hustle and bustle […]
- JANUARY 6, Mon / ॐ : Karthika Puja FEBRUARY 3, Mon / ॐ : Karthika Puja 21, Fri / Sivarathri MARCH 1, […]
- 27 September, Amritapuri – AmritaVarsham66 In connection with Amma’s 66th Birthday celebrations Amritakeerti Puraskaram were presented to Vattapparambil Gopinathan Pillai for 2019 […]
- 8 Oct 2019, Navatrati Celebrations – Amritapuri Ashram Since Pujavaippu, for the last 3 days, Amma has been leading all in special […]
- 11September 2019 — Amritapuri AshramExcerpts from Amma’s Onam message: Amma’s children have all come together here to celebrate Onam with Amma. For […]
- 2 Sep 2019, Amritapuri On Ganesh Chaturthi day special Ganapati Homa was performed at Kalari and the worship of Ganesh in the […]
- 23 August 2019 — Amritapuri AshramSreeKrishna Jayanthi Celebrations – excerpts from Amma’s message Today is the sacred day when the Lord Krishna […]
- 23 Aug 2019, Amritapuri As part of Janmashtami celebrations (Sri Krishna’s birthday), devotees participated in GoPuja (worship of cows) and Nagara Sankeertanam […]