Since 1993, Amma has been increasingly recognized by the international community as a treasured repository of practical spiritual wisdom, who has the capacity to guide the world towards a better, brighter future.
Amma is regularly invited by international organisations to address the issues of religious differences, the environment, the education, and peacemaking. The Parliament of the World’s Religions chose Her as one of three Presidents of Sanatana Dharma in 1993. In 1995 her address was a highlight of the Interfaith Celebrations at the UN 50th Anniversary in New York. In 2000 Amma lent the United Nations Millennium World Peace Summit giving her vision for the millennium.
And in 2002, she was presented with the Gandhi-King Award for Non-violence, at the UN headquarters in Geneva, where she also gave the keynote address at the Global Peace Initiative of Women and Religious Leaders. in 2004 she addressed Parliament of World’s religions held in Barcelona
And in 2012 she addressed the UNAOC (United Nations Alliance of Civilizations) in Shanghai and in 2014 Amma joined Pope Francis in the Vatican and 10 other world religious leaders in signing of a declaration against human trafficking and slavery. In 2015 at the United Nations Academic Impact – START/Amrita University Conference on Technology for Sustainable Development Amma gave keynote address asking world universities to take ancient Spiritual Wisdom and Modern Technology for societal transformation.
“Amma has one wish. All universities should send their students to impoverished rural villages or city slums for at least one … Read more…
Amma joined Pope Francis in the Vatican and 10 other world religious leaders in a ceremonial signing of a declaration against human trafficking and slavery… Read more…
Cinema Verite, a French film organization, Honouring Amma in acknowledgment of her role as a force for world peace and harmony. Read more..
Observance of International Day of Peace at the request of UN in Sep 2004. Read more…
Inspiring address at the Parliament of World’s religions held in Barcelona in 2004. Read more…
In August, 2000, Amma spoke at the Millennium World Peace Summit of Religious and Spiritual Leaders, organized by the UN.
In 1995, for the 50th Anniversary Summit of the United Nations, Amma spoke on her visions for the 21st Century.
- Bharat is the land that has taught the world the ultimate truth
- The world is one big family
- Uniting humanity for a hopeful future
- Civil20 Inception at Nagpur
- Fulfilling the Principle of Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam: Fostering Unity and Harmony
- May our actions talk louder than our words
- Amma to chair C20 of G20 summit
- Amma conferred with a doctorate by Kalinga Institute
- University students need to understand the pulse of Indian villages
- Amma receives Honorary Doctorate of Letters from University of Mysore
- Install spiritual values to stop sexual exploitation
- Ma Sarada award was bestowed to Amma