of Satguru Sri Mata Amritanandamayi Devi
Amma’s teachings began with her birth itself. She entered this world in silence, a divine gesture worthy of our contemplation. This has always been Amma’s way. Throughout, Amma’s life has been her teaching.
If we watch Amma, we will see the embodiment of all the divine qualities she is constantly encouraging us to cultivate. If you want to understand devotion, watch the tears as they roll down her cheeks during bhajans. If you want to learn about serving the world selflessly, sit by her side one evening as she embraces 12,000 people. If you have questions about sadhana, envision her years on the seashore when she sat motionless, completely estranged from the world. And whatever Amma does, it is meditation, whether sitting in silence, speaking to thousands or sweeping the ashram courtyard.
Amma teaches renunciation, but only in the midst of a lifetime of refusing to consider her own comfort. Amma teaches Advaita, but not without her every breath bearing testament to her inability to see any man, woman or child as different from her own Self.
Indeed, actions speak louder than words. Yet the Truth as heard from Amma’s lips has deafening impact. Whether delivered to crowds of thousands or in the intimate setting of the ashram, Amma’s satsang is always unforgettable. Amma is eternally established in Truth, which is beyond words, beyond thoughts. Perhaps this is what she was trying to impart to us through her birth. Yet when she wants to convey that silence, it assumes the form of a thought. A collection of these thoughts is presented here, so that one day we too may realize that silence.
Messages of Amma
Messages delivered by Amma at international platforms like the United Nations and Parliament of World’s Religions, as well as religious festivals. Read more…
Amma tells a story
When Amma tells a story, characters come alive, minds expand, hearts lighten, spiritual understanding deepens. Read more…
Action, devotion, values, knowledge and practice – everything needed for the seeker of Truth to become a Knower of Truth. Read more…
Wisdom and spiritual practices to help Amma’s teens find inspiration and direction in life. Coming soon…
When Amma speaks, she often uses illustrations and parables to help us grasp the subtle spiritual message. Read more…
A vision of a world wherein women and men, like the two wings of a bird, work together to reach spiritual heights. Read more…
For Daily Practice
Creation and the Creator are not two, but one. Transfom your every action in the world into worship of the Lord. Read more…
Women have to wake up and arise! The awakening of the dormant power of women is one of the most urgent needs of the age. Read more…
Complete within, a friend and a guide, who will help you reach the shores of unlimited. Read more…
Amma’s words are like arrows. They are quick, focused and always hit their mark. Read more…
- The significance of chanting Brahmarpanam before meals
- How to overcome anger
- Corona: Nature’s loud alarm
- Woman of Worth
- Everything has its own place in this creation
- How to protect oneself from black magic?
- What is the meaning of the mantra one receives from the Guru?
- Learn Sanskrit for understanding the true import of Vedanta
- Spirituality is the practicality of life
- Knowledge is within; Education must transform you
- Today’s education can’t ensure mental peace
- Devotion is not running away from duties
- Our lives are meant to be born in love, to live in love, and to eventually end in love
- Can Ayurveda and Allopathy go hand in hand? Amma addresses a group of doctors
- Attachment to Detachment: Q&A with Amma
- Why Amma always wants to serve food
- Whatever be the condition, our mind should be on God
- Morphine and the last thought at death
- The Body and Mind of a Mahatma – Nothing to lose, nothing to discard
- Be a Beginner with the Attitude of Gratitude
- Cultivating Devotion with Yearning, Dispassion and Discrimination
- Compassionate Advice on India’s Republic Day
- Amma’s words on Bhagavad Gita
- Feminine and masculine qualities should evolve hand-in-hand in family life
- Love is the center point of life with no regulations
- Awareness is the key: Amma’s practical suggestions for a clean Yamuna river
- Mantra given by a Satguru is always safe for us: Amma on Mantra japa
- It is the need of every Indian that Ganga remains clean
- Why Non-Hindus are not allowed inside Temples
- How to get established in Tatvamasi