- Damayanti Amma’s last ritesIn the morning, Damayanti Amma’s body was displayed in Amritapuri’s main hall for everyone to pay their last respect. In the afternoon, after the performance of the last rites the body was cremated.
- PM Modi’s condolence message on Damayanti Amma’s demise“I have heard of her selfless service to travellers who were on the way to pilgrimages, her focus on feeding the hungry, the way she would bring the cows into the house when the cowshed got flooded and how she had great love for plants and trees.”
- Amma’s mother passed away19 Sep 2022, Amritapuri Damayanti Amma — Amma’s mother — merged with the Divine at her residence this afternoon at 2.50 pm. She was 97.
- Received her warm, love-filled hug in returnOffered my humble salutations and received her warm, love-filled hug in return – Rahul Gandhi
- Why I keep coming back to Amma?Every time we get very good advice and a very good perspective in very simple words. – Dr Mohan Bhagawat
- Increase our circle of compassionWe have learned to fly like a bird and swim like a fish but have forgotten to walk and live like humans. Only when we realise this will our life become joyful.
Amrit Ganga: beautiful moments from Amma’s life, Darshan, Yatra, Satsang & Bhajan. Weekly episodes
In the Limelight
My Desire: Everyone in the world should be able to sleep without fear, at least for one night; able to eat at least for one day.
Amma’s teachings began with her birth itself. She entered this world in silence, a gesture worthy of our contemplation.
Interesting Posts from Archives
- The origins of the festival of OnamIn ancient times, there was an extremely powerful king by the name of Mahabali; he ruled the three worlds. He was a righteous and generous king. King Mahabali’s one major […]
- Amma, the Love that Transforms: Atal Bihari VajpayeeInauguration of Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences in 1998 Inaugural speech of Hon’ble Prime Minister of India Sri Atal Bihari Vajpayee on the occasion Her Holiness Mata Amritanandamayi Devi, His Excellency […]
- Why an Ashram have to run hospitals?Message Amma gave in the souvenir during the inauguration of AIMS, Super specialty hospital in Kochi, Kerala in 1998. Darling children, Some of Amma’s children may doubt, “What need does […]