Amma now is in Amritapuri Ashram.
“Like the spring travelling around the globe, Amma visits her devotees in their own cities and towns every year.”
- Damayanti Amma’s last ritesIn the morning, Damayanti Amma’s body was displayed in Amritapuri’s main hall for everyone to pay their last respect. In the afternoon, after the performance of the last rites the body was cremated.
- PM Modi’s condolence message on Damayanti Amma’s demise“I have heard of her selfless service to travellers who were on the way to pilgrimages, her focus on feeding the hungry, the way she would bring the cows into the house when the cowshed got flooded and how she had great love for plants and trees.”
- Amma’s mother passed away19 Sep 2022, Amritapuri Damayanti Amma — Amma’s mother — merged with the Divine at her residence this afternoon at 2.50 pm. She was 97.
Interesting posts from archives
- The origins of the festival of OnamIn ancient times, there was an extremely powerful king by the name of Mahabali; he ruled the three worlds. He was a righteous and generous […]
- Amma, the Love that Transforms: Atal Bihari VajpayeeInauguration of Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences in 1998 Inaugural speech of Hon’ble Prime Minister of India Sri Atal Bihari Vajpayee on the occasion Her Holiness […]
- Why an Ashram have to run hospitals?Message Amma gave in the souvenir during the inauguration of AIMS, Super specialty hospital in Kochi, Kerala in 1998. Darling children, Some of Amma’s children […]