5 – 7 November, 2001
Newspaper interview with Amma in Barcelona.
The interviewer commented that Amma has come to Spain, which is a bastion of Christianity.
Amma replied that She has not come to convert people but help them to delve deeper into their own religion.
The devotees gathered in the stadium for Amma’s satsang before the evening bhajans. The stadium was situated next to the Barcelona waterfront beach, with a beautiful view of the sea nearby.
5 – 7 November 2000, Barcelona
Bidding au revoir to France, the tour moved on to Barcelona, Spain. Spain has become known for its large, enthusiastic crowds. There was a lot of media coverage throughout the tour, but it was especially impressive how many reporters came to see Amma in Barcelona. Local and national newspapers, magazines and various radio and television stations all wanted to interview and photograph the ‘Incredible Hugging Saint from India’, as one devotee called her. By the end of their interviews, all of them wanted to experience Amma’s darshan as well!
As in France, a large percentage of people were coming for darshan for the first time ever. For long-time devotees, it is priceless to see people’s expressions of awe and reverence as they meet Mother for the first time. Watching the heart-warming smiles that appear on the faces of newcomers, we see how Amma is uplifting thousands, one at a time. Amma’s darshan went very late in the day, and again at night, so that Amma got only a tiny break between endless darshan lines.
- Amma concluded the e novening bhajans with ' Jananī Sakal Jag Jananī '. With Ārati and Shānti mantras, bhajans are over. @Amritapuri 20 September 2019
- Amma started the Evening bhajans with ' Dayā Karo Tum '. @Amritapuri 20 September 2019
- Amma started darshan @Amritapuri Ashram 19 September 2019
- Darshan is over @Amritapuri 18 September 2019
- Amma concluded the Evening bhajans with ' Jai Jai Jananī '. With Ārati and Shānti mantras, bhajans are over. @Amritapuri 17 September 2019
- Amma joined the Evening bhajans with ' Vandanā Karō Mē '. @Amritapuri 17 September 2019
- The opportunity to love and serve others should be considered a rare gift, a blessing from God. - #Ammapic.twitter.com/LvKJwyUXcJ
- They get good food and water in time. Also, they mutually share stories and love. But they lose the freedom of flying in the open sky. For a spiritual aspirant, real freedom is the freedom from likes and dislikes.’ ‘May Dharma be victorious in every country.” -Amma #VandeMatarampic.twitter.com/WdB8hAfM1X
- When you have an expansive mind, you will never invade or exploit another nation. We have to develop love and compassion for this awareness to grow. Even though our country became free, are we really free from the clutches of our mind? Let’s consider two birds living in a cage.pic.twitter.com/IMOVIhQzBK
- It’s not enough to simply wave a flag, everyone has to love their country, and should have the love for their motherland. All the nations of the world are just created by us. We have a role to play and dharma towards our country. #73rdIndependenceDay #VandeMataram #RakshaBandhanpic.twitter.com/ZDQq0hjaDt
- Just as #Nature requires us to abide by her laws, certain rules and traditions need to be followed in the presence a #guru. Mother Nature forgives all her children’s mistakes. But after a certain limit, she starts warning man’s ego by sending strong warnings. - #Ammapic.twitter.com/HVPnIArjj4