5 – 7 November, 2001
Newspaper interview with Amma in Barcelona.
The interviewer commented that Amma has come to Spain, which is a bastion of Christianity.
Amma replied that She has not come to convert people but help them to delve deeper into their own religion.
The devotees gathered in the stadium for Amma’s satsang before the evening bhajans. The stadium was situated next to the Barcelona waterfront beach, with a beautiful view of the sea nearby.
5 – 7 November 2000, Barcelona
Bidding au revoir to France, the tour moved on to Barcelona, Spain. Spain has become known for its large, enthusiastic crowds. There was a lot of media coverage throughout the tour, but it was especially impressive how many reporters came to see Amma in Barcelona. Local and national newspapers, magazines and various radio and television stations all wanted to interview and photograph the ‘Incredible Hugging Saint from India’, as one devotee called her. By the end of their interviews, all of them wanted to experience Amma’s darshan as well!
As in France, a large percentage of people were coming for darshan for the first time ever. For long-time devotees, it is priceless to see people’s expressions of awe and reverence as they meet Mother for the first time. Watching the heart-warming smiles that appear on the faces of newcomers, we see how Amma is uplifting thousands, one at a time. Amma’s darshan went very late in the day, and again at night, so that Amma got only a tiny break between endless darshan lines.
- Devi Bhava at Barcelona is over #EuropeYatra2019 19 November 2019
- Amma’s satsang started #EuropeYatra2019 18 November 2019
- Amma in stage blessing water for the puja at Barcelona #EuropeYatra2019. 18 November 2019
- Darshan is over at Barcelona #EuropeYatra2019 18 November 2019
- Amma is now singing Bhajans #EuropeYatra2019 17 November 2019
- Amma’s satsang started #EuropeYatra2019 17 November 2019
- Happy #Diwalipic.twitter.com/YaZOjR1HJg
- If all of us can light the lamp of faith and love in our hearts and walk forward together, then we definitely can bring about a change in society. - Amma #Diwali #Deepotsav2019 #Deepavalipic.twitter.com/0JJ0ajw32D
- This universe keeps flowing, following its own rhythm, harmony and tune. Thus, human beings need to chart the path of their lives according to the tune and rhythm of Nature. Otherwise, life will automatically become a battle. - #Ammapic.twitter.com/MZeKVr0Hcb
- But if the parents fail to cultivate spiritual values in the child as well, it may end up spending its entire life in tears. It is spiritual values that give children the strength to face and overcome all sorrows and hardships in life. - #Amma 2/2 #awareness
- Parents need to cultivate awareness of dharma in their children from a very young age. Many parents today just put a smartphone in their child’s hand as soon as it starts crying. This may momentarily help stop the child’s tantrum. 1/2pic.twitter.com/DmZdRDSldC