21-22 Jun, Dallas -America Yatra 2018
Amma’s yearly visit to Dallas was graced with the celebration of the International Day of Yoga. All those gathered, young and old, met Amma first by participating in an energizing session of Amrita Yoga. Amma kept smiles on everyone’s faces as she helped demonstrate the poses on a two-year-old child. This was especially suited to the intention of Amrita Yoga, Amma’s heart-centered yoga technique, which seeks to reach beyond the physical to increase awareness and union with the divine in all aspects of life.
Amma says, “Every action done with awareness can, in fact, be called yoga. We should try to inculcate the same degree of awareness we have when performing yoga asanas in everything we do. In this manner, we can become focused in our True Self. We will realize that there has always been only peace and oneness.”
Earlier Amma was welcomed to Texas by the mayor of nearby Addison, Joe Chow.
17-18 June, Dallas, Texas – USA Yatra 2017
On the way to the Dallas programs, Amma stopped at the new MA Center in Aubrey, TX just north of Dallas. Located on a 50-acre plot of picturesque property in what is known as “Horse Country USA”, the center includes a ranch house and a scenic pond. Local devotees were overjoyed as Amma served everyone dinner, sang bhajans, and meditated by the pond.
The public programs were held at the enormous Hilton Anatole hotel in downtown Dallas. Beautiful artwork from the Far East lined the corridors of the hotel and a small water park complete with slides and a wading river provided additional entertainment for attendees between programs.
At the start of the first evening program, Dallas County Treasurer Ms. Pauline Medrano welcomed Amma, “We are inspired by your hope and your compassion. Thank you for being in Dallas and thank you for your blessings.”
During the programs, Amma gave Satsang, sang bhajans, and gave darshan. Local devotees offered a number of cultural performances including traditional Indian dancing.
While addressing the crowd, Amma reflected on the need for stabilizing the human mind, where all acts of violence and hatred have their origin: “While natural disasters may not be under our control, we do have technology that can signal us as they are approaching. However, science has yet to invent a device that can detect the disasters man carries in his mind.” Spirituality, as Amma has taught throughout her life, is the science of managing the mind. In today’s world, this science is needed more than ever before.
Continuing the celebrations of honoring Amma’s 30th visit to the US, a small ceremony was held on the second evening before Devi Bhava. Jeff Warren addressed the crowd as a group of local devotees who had first met Amma 30th years ago offered flowers at Amma’s feet. Two saplings were blessed by Amma which will be planted at the new Ashram.
24-25 Jun, Ft. Worth, Texas – America Yatra 2016
This year’s programs in Texas were held at the Worthington Renaissance Hotel in Ft. Worth, TX, about 45 minutes west of Dallas.
On the first morning, four local civil representatives were on hand to garland Amma. Welcoming Amma to Ft. Worth, Mr. Jameson addressed Amma and the gathered crowd: ‘Amma, and all of you that have joined us here today, it is my sincere pleasure to welcome you to a city, perhaps known as a city of cowboys and culture, but I think most notably known as a city of great generosity, humanity, and a generous sense of welcome. Your message of peace and love is gratefully received here today and we are honored by your presence.’
Ms. Zadeh also spoke: ‘I know that the energy of peace and love that is generated through this event this morning will permeate our city and stay with us long after you have left.’
Attending the first evening program were two representatives from the Chinmaya Mission – Swami Sarveshananda, Resident Acharya of the Chinmayi Mission in Dallas, TX; and Abhishek Chaitanya Giri from the Chinmayi Mission in Rishikesh, India.
Devotees from regional satsangs in Dallas, Houston, Austin, and surrounding areas put on a variety of cultural performances during the programs. These included a Bharatnatyam dance depicting the form Ardhanarishwara, a veena performance, and Bhangra dancing celebrating Lord Ganesha.
25-26 June, Dallas, TX, America Yatra 2015
Two days of programs were held at the Mesquite Convention Center just outside of Dallas. Mesquite is known as the Rodeo capital of the US. Thousands had come from all over Texas and the surrounding areas for darshan.
During one of the programs, a group of women from Austin known as the Hilde Girls sang songs of the spirit from all over the world. Their beautiful voices inspired the crowd and captured the teachings and music of 12th century abbess and mystic Hildegard of Bingen.
22 – 23 Jun,Dallas, TX — USA Yatra 2011
Amma held two days programs Addison, Texas at the Intercontinental Hotel and Convention Center.
Amma was welcomed to the city by Mayor Todd Meier who said: “Welcome, we’re so glad you’re here in Adison and thank you for connecting us to your world and to the world and letting us be a part of the wonderful work that you do. Thank you so much for being with us today.”
The local affiliate of the NBC TV Channel came to interview Amma about Her message to the world.
Amma said: “My life is my message. We are not isolated islands, we are connected to each other like links on a chain. Our actions influence others whether we are aware of it or not. We should not wait for others to change- we should change first. Today the world is on the verge of doing a Tandava* dance. In nature and elsewhere, there is an increase in Aveda – lack of knowledge. We should try to inculcate patience, love and awareness and try to do whatever we can for the world.”
Amma conducted the Atma Puja for world peace and harmony, devotees came together from across the south-western States and from around the world to participate in the ceremony.
Former acclaimed actress Divya Uni’s students performed a stunning dance for Amma during the Darshan.
* Tandava – usually refers to Lord Siva’s dance during the destruction of the creation
27 – 28 June, Dallas, Texas — USA Yatra 2010
Dallas, the third- largest city in the state of Texas is home to the famous Major League Baseball Team the Texas Rangers. The devotees of Dallas gave Amma a hearty welcome and celebrated Amma’s visit throughout the two days of program with a variety of cultural performances. The devotees from Dallas offered Amma a cake to thank her for coming to Dallas for the past 20 years. On that Amma wrote ‘AUM’ in her native language, Malayalam. At the end of a long Darshan the devotees lined up and started singing spontaneously.
- Darshan is over @Amritapuri 18 September 2019
- Amma concluded the Evening bhajans with ' Jai Jai Jananī '. With Ārati and Shānti mantras, bhajans are over. @Amritapuri 17 September 2019
- Amma joined the Evening bhajans with ' Vandanā Karō Mē '. @Amritapuri 17 September 2019
- P Parameswaran, Director Bharatheeya Vichara Kendram came to meet Amma @Amritanandamayi at @Amritapuri seeking her blessings. He is 93.pic.twitter.com/CzoAaAxOUv 17 September 2019
- Amma concluded the Evening bhajans with ' Mā Jai Jagadambē Mā '. With Ārati and Shānti mantras, bhajans are over. @Amritapuri 16 September 2019
- Amma started the Evening bhajans with ' Shankarananda Pankajalochana '. @Amritapuri 16 September 2019
- The opportunity to love and serve others should be considered a rare gift, a blessing from God. - #Ammapic.twitter.com/LvKJwyUXcJ
- They get good food and water in time. Also, they mutually share stories and love. But they lose the freedom of flying in the open sky. For a spiritual aspirant, real freedom is the freedom from likes and dislikes.’ ‘May Dharma be victorious in every country.” -Amma #VandeMatarampic.twitter.com/WdB8hAfM1X
- When you have an expansive mind, you will never invade or exploit another nation. We have to develop love and compassion for this awareness to grow. Even though our country became free, are we really free from the clutches of our mind? Let’s consider two birds living in a cage.pic.twitter.com/IMOVIhQzBK
- It’s not enough to simply wave a flag, everyone has to love their country, and should have the love for their motherland. All the nations of the world are just created by us. We have a role to play and dharma towards our country. #73rdIndependenceDay #VandeMataram #RakshaBandhanpic.twitter.com/ZDQq0hjaDt
- Just as #Nature requires us to abide by her laws, certain rules and traditions need to be followed in the presence a #guru. Mother Nature forgives all her children’s mistakes. But after a certain limit, she starts warning man’s ego by sending strong warnings. - #Ammapic.twitter.com/HVPnIArjj4