16-18 Jun, Los Angeles – America Yatra 2019
The third stop of Amma’s 2019 North American Yatra took place at the LAX Hilton in Los Angeles.
The MA Center LA, located in Redondo Beach contributes to the local community through service projects. Officials from Redondo Beach thanked Amma for visiting Southern California and praised the humanitarian works extended through her local Ashram.
The State of California presented Amma a certificate of recognition for the relentless service rendered to the community and the world. “Thank you for demonstrating the power of compassion and love. Your wisdom is a true source of inspiration to us all” read the commendation.
Those gathered in the full capacity ballroom to experience Amma also included International celebrities from Hollywood & Bollywood.
The three-day, high-energy program buzzed with Amma’s darshan, bhajans, meditation & Satang.
Amma said, “To awaken spiritual unity––and to spread to others the love that is our inherent nature––is the true goal of human life.”
On International Day of Yoga, participants attending Amma’s Santa Fe retreat were treated to a special yoga session with Amma.
“Yoga is not just physical movement, like going to the gym and exercising,” Amma explained. “Rather, it is yet another way to know God, the infinite power we truly are. Yoga is meditation. Just like meditation, performing yoga with awareness will help us go deeper and deeper into our own Inner Self. If physical exercises are like swimming on the surface of the ocean, proper yoga practices are like diving deep into the ocean. The experience has a totally different dimension to it. The difference is like a caged bird versus a bird flying in the sky, enjoying the vast expanse.”
The hall was transformed into a yoga shala as participants were guided through a series of simple asanas that focused on breathing, awareness and heart-centred intention. Many children also shared the stage with Amma to demonstrate the various asanas. At the end of the session, Amma asked everyone to forget all worries and laugh together, creating a blissful moment of unity and happiness.
There was yoga sessions organised in all the MAM centers and Amrita educational institutes all over the country.
9-14 June, San Ramon, CA – America Yatra 2019
Amma’s second stop of the America Yatra took place at the beautiful MA Center in San Ramon, Amma’s first ashram in the United States. Once a barren landscape, MA Center is now is a pure example of Amma’s vision to bring harmony to nature through sustainable and compassionate techniques for the cultivation of land and resources.
It was Amma’s wish to plant 1000 fruit trees on the Ashram grounds. She blessed the 1000th sapling after the question and answer session at the retreat.
Amma also fed the swans, geese and goslings that reside in the Ashram pond who lovingly flocked towards her.
During the question and answer Amma spoke a few words about nature, saying: “The creation and the Creator are not two, for when we see Mother Nature as the embodiment of God, we will automatically serve and protect her. There are sparks of love inherent in everyone and God’s grace is everywhere. Children, try and see the oneness in all of creation.”
June 6-7, Seattle, WA – America Yatra 2019
Amma’s 2019 North American Yatra began with a two-day program at the Hyatt Regency in Bellevue, Washington. People from near and far gathered for Amma’s darshan, meditation, Satsang and bhajans.
During a special puja, Amma said: “Humankind and nature are in an agitated state. Only through prayer and meditation can we make a change to the current state of things. Meditation is as precious as gold. It is one of the best ways to attain material prosperity, spiritual progress, peace and liberation. If along with our meditation we develop compassion, it is like gold with a fragrance, something priceless and utterly unique.”
- Darshan is over @Amritapuri 19 January 2020
- Amma started darshan @Amritapuri Ashram 19 January 2020
- Darshan is over @Amritapuri 18 January 2020
- AmritaSREE self-help group members from their 2 years profit build a house for the poorest member of their group in Alappuzha. In Amma's presence, Mamood cluster leaders Maya Devi and Karuna handed over the key of the house to Sheela Dwara at @Amritapuri today.pic.twitter.com/g4L3tghTrw 18 January 2020
- After Kozhikode, Amma to visit Tiruvananthapuram on Feb 7 & 8 as part of her #BharataYatra 2020 visit: http://amrit.am/20yatra 18 January 2020
- Amma concluded the evening bhajans with ' Nachē Tū Mamā Manamē '. With Ārati and Shānti mantras, bhajans are over. @Amritapuri 17 January 2020
- The scriptures are like a map which if you have learned well you can then drive with ease. You may learn yoga and meditation but Vedanta is the base. If a normal person is like a streetlight, a Tapasvi is like a transformer who generates power for an entire village. -#Ammapic.twitter.com/P14V0naN2v
- Spirituality it is like looking into a mirror. When looking into one you can see if there is some soot or blemishes on your face and then remove them. With spirituality, you will understand what is lacking in you or what is wrong in you and make an effort to correct yourself.pic.twitter.com/mg8iiKJG7k
- Pongal means ‘to overflow.’ The time when humankind’s love for nature and nature’s love for humankind overflow—that is Pongal. - #Amma #PongalOPongalpic.twitter.com/XX0RNCM86u
- Why? Because there is nothing other than God. May this Pongal Festival be an opportunity for you to instil this culture and God deeply within and spread it without. -Ammapic.twitter.com/zioEBfsVWQ
- “Matru-devo bhava, Pitr-devo bhava, acharya-devo bhava atithi-devo bhava—‘May you see your mother as God, your father as God, your teacher as God, your guests as God’—this is what Sanatana Dharma teaches us. Respect everything, worship everything.pic.twitter.com/RcC9CQbKTp