Two state–of-the art ambulances were sent to the area via rail from Kochi, a total of distance of almost 2,500 km. One of these was AIMS Hospital’s Mobile Telemedicine Unit. It is the size of a city bus and includes X-ray facilities, ECG scanner, pathology-lab-work facility, specialty cardiac services and a telemedicine satellite link with AIMS Hospital. It was first used in MAM’s tsunami-relief work in Kerala and Tamil Nadu.
Camps: Construction and Life
MAM set up two relief camps. One in Purnia District, and one in Supaul District. The first was completed on 16th September; the second on 11th October. In total, 1,500 flood victims were housed in the shelters. Kitchens and toilets were also provided. At one point, when construction supplies were delayed, brahmacharis and MAM volunteers went to a nearby bamboo forest and fell, loaded and transported construction materials themselves. Having witnessed their dedicated actions, a journalist wrote, “They do not depend on the facilities available to them. They get their work done by sheer will power.”
On August 18, 2008, the Kosi River broke through a man-made embankment in Nepal. The flooding was massive and engulfed half the neighbouring state of Bi¬har in India. The prime minister declared it a national calamity. According to the World Health Organization, 3.3 million people in 1,850 villages were affected, with one million rendered homeless. Crops were devastated and there was no drinking water. In the worst-affected regions, only treetops were visible above the waterline.
12 Dec 2008, Amritapuri
Today a new Heidelberg, a quality 4 colour printing machine, was inaugurated in the newly constructed building of Amrita Offset Printers by Swami Amrita Geetananda. It is situated by the Amrita Kripa hospital.
Hereafter, the colour printing of all Amma books in different languages will be done from here.
13 Nov 2008, Bhuvaneswar, Orissa
Orissa is one of these states in India which undergoes flooding in one part of the state or the other during the monsoons. The annual monsoon season though eagerly awaited, by the farmers of Orissa are also the bane of development or the cause of their sorrow as the river Mahanadi regularly overflows in the Cuttack/Bhubaneswar belt, causing huge loses to the farmers and also destroying property and places in its wake. This year too after more than a decade, there was heavy rainfall in the catchment area as a result of which the river Mahanadi (which means the great river), got heavily flooded and inundated the Banki area of Cuttack in Orissa. It even entered Cuttack city and people of the city had to move to upper floors till the water receded. The floods were so devastating that the Prime Minister of India after visiting the area declared it as a National calamity. The ashram representative Br. Sadasiva visited there and offered relief materials.
During our relief work the MAM distributed several 1000 blankets, medicines, tarpaulins, relief kits, educational kits and other rations to the badly affected flood victims of that region. The flood victims were very grateful to the representatives of the MAM for having come form so far to distribute these relief materials.
In November 2008 Santa Catarina, one of the main States in Brazil, was flooded as never before due to very hard storms. The floods caused around 150 deaths and about 33,000 people had to leave their homes.
A family of Amma’s devotees was in the tragedy location and they made a dramatic call to Sao Paulo devotees for help.
Inspired by Amma’s compassion, the devotees called the huge community of Amma’s admirers to in São Paulo to make some donations and after a few days they got an expressive lot of food, water bottles (the flood victims did not have drinkable water) and other essential goods. The devotees, then, brought all the donations to the firemen headquarters, from where the goods were sent to Santa Catarina.
- Vegetable chopping seva in the 'Western Canteen'... #Amritapuri #AshramSeva http://fb.me/8PW8n7BSu 25 July 2017
- with "jai jai jai ma.." bhajans are over, arati is going on @amritapuri 24 July 2017
- Amma started the evening bhajans with "Vandana Gaurinandana" 24 July 2017
- Amma started evening meditation @ the Amritapuri beach 24 July 2017
- MotherPage:Amrita Kripa Hospital received award for its 0% transmission of HIV to childrenpic.twitter.com/CwTXJqsd3f 23 July 2017
- MotherPage: Amrita Kripa Hospital received award for its 0% transmission of HIV to children http://amrit.am/2vyRVYh 23 July 2017
- We must connect ourselves to the Supreme. Then His infinite power will flow through us. #Amma
- If you have patience, then you will also have love. Patience leads to love. #Amma
- The diverse and contradictory nature of life is a delightful play for one who is aware of life's ever changing nature. #Ammapic.twitter.com/dcbYRK4IJm
- Peace of mind is the real wealth. #Ammapic.twitter.com/VvyABXdZnr
- If one has no faith in himself, how can one have faith in God #Ammapic.twitter.com/cc1RRbmOQN
- When d infinite energy of d Satguru flows towards d disciple, it blossoms as devotion, love, faith & self-surrender within d disciple. #Amma
Connect with Amma
- Amrita Kripa Hospital received award for its 0% transmission of HIV to children
- What Sitaram wants to do after walking through2350 villages covering 23,100 km
- One’s real life savings is love. If that is lost, one will become a pauper
- Let our lives become an offering that alleviates the pain of suffering people
- Guru Purnima Celebrations at Toronto