Monday, 27 September 2004
Out of their immense gratitude for the infinite love and compassion Amma has showered upon humanity, Amma’s children from around the world will soon be making the pilgrimage to Amritapuri in order to participate in Amma’s 51st Birthday Celebrations.
This year, the festivities will return to Amma’s place of birth, Amritapuri and will be celebrated on Monday, 27 September.
B’day preparation: Setting up of a temporary pandal in front of the ashram during the late hours of the 22nd of Sept.
As always, the Mata Amritanandamayi Math will take the opportunity to further its already vast network of charitable humanitarian activities.
Schedule events include:
1. The inauguration of the Amrita School of Ayurveda & Research Centre by Sri. Oommen Chandy, the Honourable Chief Minister of Kerala.
2. Distribution of keys to houses built across the states of India as part of Amritakuteeram, the Mata Amritanandamayi Math’s scheme of providing shelter to 100,000 destitute homeless families.
3. Bestowing of the Amritakeerti Puraskar upon an individual whose dedicated his life to spreading the culture of Santana Dharma.
4. The inauguration of a hospital for tribals in Kalpetta, Kerala, Wayanad District, complete with a Tele medicine Centre.
5. The marriage of couples unable to bear the costs of a traditional Indian wedding in a mass ceremony with the Mata Amritanandamayi Math shouldering the costs.
6. The distribution of free food and clothing.
On the morning of 27th September, Amma’s padapuja will be performed, and Amma will deliver Her birthday message. New Ashram publications will be released and prizes will be awarded to the top subscription-gatherers of Matruvani, the Ashram’s monthly spiritual magazine.
On the night of the 26th, Amrita Educational Institution students will offer cultural performances to Amma.