Eleven representatives from the MAM attended the 17th session of the Commission on Sustainable Development (CSD-17) at the United Nations in New York. The annual conference took place from May 4 to 15, 2009, with more than 1,000 people attending, including ministers of state, distinguished members from public and private sectors, academia, and civil society.
Many noted a strong synergy between the strategic initiatives of the Ashram’s Farmer Relief Project and the rural development policies and measures adopted by CSD-17. In view of the increased activities of empowerment and self reliance of AmritaSree, its name of the partnership will be updated to The Farmers’ Empowerment Project.
The newly designated partnership has been cordially invited to participate in CSD-18 on year 2010.
in the photo: John H. Wells, Director, Cooperative Development Division, United States Department of Agriculture, Rural Development, during discussions at the Partnership Desk with two members of the MAM.
- A central Kerala temple at form #Muditettu is offered to Amma @Amritanandamayi while she is giving darshan @Amritapuri by a team of traditional practiceners from Perumbavoorpic.twitter.com/IQV8ZRhmnI 22 September 2019
- Amma started darshan @Amritapuri Ashram 22 September 2019
- Darshan is over @Amritapuri 21 September 2019
- Amma started darshan @Amritapuri Ashram 21 September 2019
- Amma concluded the e novening bhajans with ' Jananī Sakal Jag Jananī '. With Ārati and Shānti mantras, bhajans are over. @Amritapuri 20 September 2019
- Amma started the Evening bhajans with ' Dayā Karo Tum '. @Amritapuri 20 September 2019
- The opportunity to love and serve others should be considered a rare gift, a blessing from God. - #Ammapic.twitter.com/LvKJwyUXcJ
- They get good food and water in time. Also, they mutually share stories and love. But they lose the freedom of flying in the open sky. For a spiritual aspirant, real freedom is the freedom from likes and dislikes.’ ‘May Dharma be victorious in every country.” -Amma #VandeMatarampic.twitter.com/WdB8hAfM1X
- When you have an expansive mind, you will never invade or exploit another nation. We have to develop love and compassion for this awareness to grow. Even though our country became free, are we really free from the clutches of our mind? Let’s consider two birds living in a cage.pic.twitter.com/IMOVIhQzBK
- It’s not enough to simply wave a flag, everyone has to love their country, and should have the love for their motherland. All the nations of the world are just created by us. We have a role to play and dharma towards our country. #73rdIndependenceDay #VandeMataram #RakshaBandhanpic.twitter.com/ZDQq0hjaDt
- Just as #Nature requires us to abide by her laws, certain rules and traditions need to be followed in the presence a #guru. Mother Nature forgives all her children’s mistakes. But after a certain limit, she starts warning man’s ego by sending strong warnings. - #Ammapic.twitter.com/HVPnIArjj4