30 November 2009 — Dearborn, Michigan
Amma was welcomed to Dearborn, Michigan with traditional Punjabi music. During Amma’s five days of programs, several dignitaries came to express their gratitude for Amma’s visit and to share their thoughts on the significance and power of Amma’s message and work in these troubled times.
Circuit Court Judge, the Hon. Mark Slavens, of the Juvenile and Child Abuse Division of the Michigan State Court, asked for Amma’s help, both culturally and spiritually: “Amma, I hope that you can help my society and my [court] and my self ensure that children don’t suffer like this anymore, and I thank you for any spiritual help you can give us.”
Rep. Diane Slavens, of the Michigan State House of Representatives, expressed heartfelt appreciation for the way Amma has helped better the lives of young women and young mothers in particular, both personally and through her charitable projects.
The Mayor of Novi, the Hon. David Landry, reflected, “I am honoured because of the simplicity and the power of your message—that even the most complex problems that we face can be solved simply, with the willingness to understand each other, compassion and love.”
During one of the evening programs, musician Jim Lauderdale, winner of two Grammy awards and a long-time admirer of Amma, performed songs from his new album, entitled “Smile With Your Heart.” The entire album was dedicated to Amma.
- Cultural programs started, Onam celebrations @ Amritapuri. Amma is seated in the middle of the hall 28 August 2015
- Arati is over. 28 August 2015
- Amma also sang: 28 August 2015
- MuraliManohar, Pratiloma, EnnileEnne, AnandameAnandam, Kalpantarangalkum, IniOru, NartanaMadu, NalanchuNaleykku, CallagaCudu & DurgeDurgati. 28 August 2015
- Amma has arrived on the stage at Amritapuri to lead the evening bhajans. The first bhajan is Sukh Karta Tum Ho. 28 August 2015
- Onam 2015 After serving the special Onam prasad lunch to all her children for around 2 and half hours (!), Amma... http://fb.me/7yq3l5Vpb 28 August 2015
- Happiness is a decision. If we so decide, we can create an empire of happiness. This is because happiness is our true nature. Amma #Onam msg
- Woman is the creator of the human race. She is the first Guru, the first guide and mentor of humanity. #Amma
- God is a subjective experience beyond the intellect. It is Pure Experience. Like electricity it cannot be seen but it can be felt. #Amma
- . . . We often say God is within, but what use are these words? Only through intuitive experience can we know God. #Amma
- Everyone has a direct hotline to God. But the quality of the line depends on the fervor of your prayer. #Amma
- Patience, love and forgiveness are the three needed qualities to maintain a good relationship. #Amma