Two state–of-the art ambulances were sent to the area via rail from Kochi, a total of distance of almost 2,500 km. One of these was AIMS Hospital’s Mobile Telemedicine Unit. It is the size of a city bus and includes X-ray facilities, ECG scanner, pathology-lab-work facility, specialty cardiac services and a telemedicine satellite link with AIMS Hospital. It was first used in MAM’s tsunami-relief work in Kerala and Tamil Nadu.
Camps: Construction and Life
MAM set up two relief camps. One in Purnia District, and one in Supaul District. The first was completed on 16th September; the second on 11th October. In total, 1,500 flood victims were housed in the shelters. Kitchens and toilets were also provided. At one point, when construction supplies were delayed, brahmacharis and MAM volunteers went to a nearby bamboo forest and fell, loaded and transported construction materials themselves. Having witnessed their dedicated actions, a journalist wrote, “They do not depend on the facilities available to them. They get their work done by sheer will power.”
On August 18, 2008, the Kosi River broke through a man-made embankment in Nepal. The flooding was massive and engulfed half the neighbouring state of Bi¬har in India. The prime minister declared it a national calamity. According to the World Health Organization, 3.3 million people in 1,850 villages were affected, with one million rendered homeless. Crops were devastated and there was no drinking water. In the worst-affected regions, only treetops were visible above the waterline.
12 Dec 2008, Amritapuri
Today a new Heidelberg, a quality 4 colour printing machine, was inaugurated in the newly constructed building of Amrita Offset Printers by Swami Amrita Geetananda. It is situated by the Amrita Kripa hospital.
Hereafter, the colour printing of all Amma books in different languages will be done from here.
13 Nov 2008, Bhuvaneswar, Orissa
Orissa is one of these states in India which undergoes flooding in one part of the state or the other during the monsoons. The annual monsoon season though eagerly awaited, by the farmers of Orissa are also the bane of development or the cause of their sorrow as the river Mahanadi regularly overflows in the Cuttack/Bhubaneswar belt, causing huge loses to the farmers and also destroying property and places in its wake. This year too after more than a decade, there was heavy rainfall in the catchment area as a result of which the river Mahanadi (which means the great river), got heavily flooded and inundated the Banki area of Cuttack in Orissa. It even entered Cuttack city and people of the city had to move to upper floors till the water receded. The floods were so devastating that the Prime Minister of India after visiting the area declared it as a National calamity. The ashram representative Br. Sadasiva visited there and offered relief materials.
During our relief work the MAM distributed several 1000 blankets, medicines, tarpaulins, relief kits, educational kits and other rations to the badly affected flood victims of that region. The flood victims were very grateful to the representatives of the MAM for having come form so far to distribute these relief materials.
In November 2008 Santa Catarina, one of the main States in Brazil, was flooded as never before due to very hard storms. The floods caused around 150 deaths and about 33,000 people had to leave their homes.
A family of Amma’s devotees was in the tragedy location and they made a dramatic call to Sao Paulo devotees for help.
Inspired by Amma’s compassion, the devotees called the huge community of Amma’s admirers to in São Paulo to make some donations and after a few days they got an expressive lot of food, water bottles (the flood victims did not have drinkable water) and other essential goods. The devotees, then, brought all the donations to the firemen headquarters, from where the goods were sent to Santa Catarina.
- AshramDiary: Amala Bharatam, Clean India: Karma has its consequences: As Indians we all dream about a clean In... http://amrit.am/1LJFGaD 13 October 2015
- Amma teaching a toddler -- and the rest of the volunteers for her program in Winterthur, Switzerland -- an... http://fb.me/48XBk349B 13 October 2015
- Clouds, trees and the top part of the kali temple's facade. #Amritapuri #KaliTemple http://fb.me/7sJxJjCv3 13 October 2015
- Program Winterthur begins tomorrow 11am 13 October 2015
- Next tour stop is in Winterthur, Switzerland 13 October 2015
- 8:15...Munich Devi Bhava is over 13 October 2015
- The snake’s poison is stored in its jaw. The scorpion’s is in its tail. The poison of human beings is carried in the heart. … 1/2
- … Unless that poison is removed, the majority of the problems we see in the world today are not going to end. #Amma 2/2
- ഭരണാധികാരികള്ക്കുപോലും മാതൃകയും മാര്ഗ്ഗദര്ശനവുമായതു മഹാത്മാക്കളായിരുന്നു. ആ മൂല്യങ്ങളുടെ ആധാരം ആത്മീയതയാണു് -അമ്മ
- Freewill was a miraculous boon given to humankind by God #Amma
- A Butterfly in a few days of its lifespan, spreads delight and happiness to everyone. Our lives should be like this pic.twitter.com/6J8vC0doh4
- ഭരണാധികാരികളില്നിന്നല്ല മഹാത്മാക്കളില്നിന്നാണ് പണ്ടുകാലത്തു ജനങ്ങള് മൂല്യങ്ങള് ഉള്ക്കൊണ്ടിരുന്നത് -അമ്മ