Eleven representatives from the MAM attended the 17th session of the Commission on Sustainable Development (CSD-17) at the United Nations in New York. The annual conference took place from May 4 to 15, 2009, with more than 1,000 people attending, including ministers of state, distinguished members from public and private sectors, academia, and civil society.
Many noted a strong synergy between the strategic initiatives of the Ashram’s Farmer Relief Project and the rural development policies and measures adopted by CSD-17. In view of the increased activities of empowerment and self reliance of AmritaSree, its name of the partnership will be updated to The Farmers’ Empowerment Project.
The newly designated partnership has been cordially invited to participate in CSD-18 on year 2010.
in the photo: John H. Wells, Director, Cooperative Development Division, United States Department of Agriculture, Rural Development, during discussions at the Partnership Desk with two members of the MAM.
- AshramDiary: The Star: I look at the dark night sky I see one glittering Star I know it is you Amma Looking do... http://amrit.am/1VXEwin 6 February 2016
- AshramDiary: Call of a Child: “Amma! Amma!”-so cries the heart. Searched for the true essence of life, Stumble... http://amrit.am/1VXEwic 6 February 2016
- Amma started Darshan @ Amritapuri 6 February 2016
- As Amma reaches the Amritapuri beach for sunset meditation (Mondays and Friday), she salutes all those present...... http://fb.me/6V6e36p6L 6 February 2016
- With "Kripamayi Ambe", bhajans are over @ Amritapuri 5 February 2016
- At the Kalari. #Amritapuri #Puja #Kalari #Pooja http://fb.me/4cTJ8eqB2 5 February 2016
- Meditation is an experience; it cannot be explained verbally. Meditation happens only when you get rid of your mind and your thoughts. #Amma
- Whatever you do, try to set an example for others and serve as an inspiration. #Amma
- The future depends on the choices we make. #Amma
- Nature records all of our actions. Each of our words and thoughts subtly exists in Nature. #Amma
- Pick just one quality/virtue and follow it with utmost faith and optimism; other qualities will automatically follow. #Amma
- Faith in a higher power helps us to control our mind and thoughts. #Amma