Eleven representatives from the MAM attended the 17th session of the Commission on Sustainable Development (CSD-17) at the United Nations in New York. The annual conference took place from May 4 to 15, 2009, with more than 1,000 people attending, including ministers of state, distinguished members from public and private sectors, academia, and civil society.
Many noted a strong synergy between the strategic initiatives of the Ashram’s Farmer Relief Project and the rural development policies and measures adopted by CSD-17. In view of the increased activities of empowerment and self reliance of AmritaSree, its name of the partnership will be updated to The Farmers’ Empowerment Project.
The newly designated partnership has been cordially invited to participate in CSD-18 on year 2010.
in the photo: John H. Wells, Director, Cooperative Development Division, United States Department of Agriculture, Rural Development, during discussions at the Partnership Desk with two members of the MAM.
- Sunset meditation at the Amritapuri beach... #Amritapuri #SunsetKerala #SunsetMeditation #KeralaBeach http://fb.me/4RsC96gkI 23 July 2016
- With 'Varade varade' Bhajans are over, arati is going on.. 23 July 2016
- The New York Times and other publications have been covering the rise of the superbug (antibiotic-resistant... http://fb.me/7YvbF0dXl 23 July 2016
- Amma joined for the Bhajans with "Vridhavan khuj vihari @ Amritpuri 23 July 2016
- Evening Bhajans started @ Amritpuri. Sree pada mahatmyam arkkariyam.... 23 July 2016
- The roof of the main Amritapuri hall: Soon, Amma will resume giving darshan here for many days and weeks! Stay... http://fb.me/3K1HJhCMx 23 July 2016
- A disciple with innocent love and self-surrender, even the Guru’s silent presence will reveal all the secrets of the universe - #Amma
- Love & devotion towards the Guru makes the disciple’s life beautiful, filled with light & divinely fragrant. #Ammapic.twitter.com/yCK6JAzLED
- Guru is a mere presence. Guru is always in a state of oneness with the Supreme Self and hence has no feeling of ‘I’ or ‘mine’. #Amma
- There is no bondage in the Guru-disciple relationship, because the Guru is the doorway that leads us from all bondage to ultimate freedom.
- Worrying brings no solutions. Discriminative thinking is the way to overcome life’s problems. #Amma
- Instead of saying I love you, say I am love. #Amma