Eleven representatives from the MAM attended the 17th session of the Commission on Sustainable Development (CSD-17) at the United Nations in New York. The annual conference took place from May 4 to 15, 2009, with more than 1,000 people attending, including ministers of state, distinguished members from public and private sectors, academia, and civil society.
Many noted a strong synergy between the strategic initiatives of the Ashram’s Farmer Relief Project and the rural development policies and measures adopted by CSD-17. In view of the increased activities of empowerment and self reliance of AmritaSree, its name of the partnership will be updated to The Farmers’ Empowerment Project.
The newly designated partnership has been cordially invited to participate in CSD-18 on year 2010.
in the photo: John H. Wells, Director, Cooperative Development Division, United States Department of Agriculture, Rural Development, during discussions at the Partnership Desk with two members of the MAM.
- Swami Amritatmananda continues bhajans 2 September 2015
- Swamiji started evening bhajans...Amma continues Darshan 2 September 2015
- 'Matruvani Seva': Students from Amritavidyalayam joining in to carry the stacks of Matruvani monthly magazine... http://fb.me/2jDzIsXwT 2 September 2015
- Swami Amritatmananda is chanting archana 2 September 2015
- Amma started Darshan @ Amritapuri 2 September 2015
- An organic vegetables garden/roof on one of Amritapuri's buildings. #OrganicGardening #OrganicVegetables #Amritapuri http://fb.me/7yGfB3GiA 2 September 2015
- Be like the honeybee that gathers only nectar wherever it goes. Seek the goodness that is found in everyone. #Amma
- Pessimism is a form of darkness preventing Divine Light. It is an illusionary curse created by the illusionary mind. #Amma
- The seat of the ego is the head; the centre of love, the heart - #Amma
- The language of the heart is the language of love,Those who speak this language do not care about their ego. #Amma
- A feminine heart & a masculine intellect should unite & operate as one entity. This is the way to resolve conflicts, violence, & war. #Amma
- Is God a man or a woman? The answer to that question is that God is neither male nor female — God is That. . . .