Eleven representatives from the MAM attended the 17th session of the Commission on Sustainable Development (CSD-17) at the United Nations in New York. The annual conference took place from May 4 to 15, 2009, with more than 1,000 people attending, including ministers of state, distinguished members from public and private sectors, academia, and civil society.
Many noted a strong synergy between the strategic initiatives of the Ashram’s Farmer Relief Project and the rural development policies and measures adopted by CSD-17. In view of the increased activities of empowerment and self reliance of AmritaSree, its name of the partnership will be updated to The Farmers’ Empowerment Project.
The newly designated partnership has been cordially invited to participate in CSD-18 on year 2010.
in the photo: John H. Wells, Director, Cooperative Development Division, United States Department of Agriculture, Rural Development, during discussions at the Partnership Desk with two members of the MAM.
- Swami Pranavamritananda started evening bhajans with Vedambike while Amma continues darshan 7 December 2016
- Amritapuri's Recycling Department team: Dedication with joyful smiles... #Amritapuri #RecyclingInIndia... http://fb.me/15rLldct8 7 December 2016
- "Many people feel 'success' occurs only through so-called 'major achievements': passing examinations, receiving... http://fb.me/7oqrjUkVX 7 December 2016
- "Many people feel 'success' occurs only through so-called 'major achievements': passing examinations, receiving... http://fb.me/8aAWdygGv 7 December 2016
- Amma started Darshan @ Amritapuri 7 December 2016
- MotherPage: Amma in Sanjose http://amrit.am/2g7gpPm 6 December 2016
- To lovingly caress people, to console and wipe their tears until the end of this mortal frame—this is Amma's wish. #Amma
- Jivanmukti is a state of perfect awareness & equanimity, which can be experienced here & now in the world. #Amma
- The success of one's life depends upon one's ability to forget what is not relevant at the moment. #Ammapic.twitter.com/susfR4V8hP
- Usually people remember God and pray to Him only when they are in pain, as if God were only a pain killer. Do not be that way. #Ammapic.twitter.com/gcz6STFwYF
- Let prayer and remembrance of God become part of your daily life. #Ammapic.twitter.com/1gRhvs9383
- Learn to place others before yourself, consider everyone, because they are each a doorway to your own Self. - #Ammapic.twitter.com/j1zDsqPusf