Eleven representatives from the MAM attended the 17th session of the Commission on Sustainable Development (CSD-17) at the United Nations in New York. The annual conference took place from May 4 to 15, 2009, with more than 1,000 people attending, including ministers of state, distinguished members from public and private sectors, academia, and civil society.
Many noted a strong synergy between the strategic initiatives of the Ashram’s Farmer Relief Project and the rural development policies and measures adopted by CSD-17. In view of the increased activities of empowerment and self reliance of AmritaSree, its name of the partnership will be updated to The Farmers’ Empowerment Project.
The newly designated partnership has been cordially invited to participate in CSD-18 on year 2010.
in the photo: John H. Wells, Director, Cooperative Development Division, United States Department of Agriculture, Rural Development, during discussions at the Partnership Desk with two members of the MAM.
- At the Amrita University campus, with exactly 4 weeks before Amritavarsham 63 (Amma's Birthday Celebrations), the... http://fb.me/3TiOScfCv 30 August 2016
- "Untainted, selfless and pure love is the bridge towards God." -Amma (Mata Amritanandamayi) http://fb.me/3fpmVVfWj 30 August 2016
- Amma also sang Ushakala, SamsaraDukha, RadhaGovindaKrishna, ManoBuddhya, Sinnanchiru, VedantaVenalilute, OnlyLove, Abhishta & MataBhavani. 30 August 2016
- Arati is going on. 30 August 2016
- The first Bhajan, this evening, is "Radhikesha Yadunatha". 30 August 2016
- Evening Bhajans started @ Amritapuri 30 August 2016
- The Master is a shortcut to realise the self. It’s like attaching a propeller to our back – we will move forward much faster. #Amma
- Through our attempts to please the Master, our likes and dislikes fall away and we turn inwards to see the Supreme Self. #Amma
- Through the attachment to the Master, other attachments fall away and our mind rests at the center point. #Amma
- When we have a loving & compassionate attitude towards plants & trees, we can learn 2 listen & understand them. Ammapic.twitter.com/wN7NdsVEeI
- There is nothing here except God - that is the truth. Therefore, how can one label some as low and others as high? #Amma
- There is a power that cannot be expressed in words, which we call God. . . . #Amma