Eleven representatives from the MAM attended the 17th session of the Commission on Sustainable Development (CSD-17) at the United Nations in New York. The annual conference took place from May 4 to 15, 2009, with more than 1,000 people attending, including ministers of state, distinguished members from public and private sectors, academia, and civil society.
Many noted a strong synergy between the strategic initiatives of the Ashram’s Farmer Relief Project and the rural development policies and measures adopted by CSD-17. In view of the increased activities of empowerment and self reliance of AmritaSree, its name of the partnership will be updated to The Farmers’ Empowerment Project.
The newly designated partnership has been cordially invited to participate in CSD-18 on year 2010.
in the photo: John H. Wells, Director, Cooperative Development Division, United States Department of Agriculture, Rural Development, during discussions at the Partnership Desk with two members of the MAM.
- Amma satsang started 30 June 2016
- Amma on stage @ MA Center Chicago blessing water for the puja 30 June 2016
- http://M.A.Center Chicago's water supply towerpic.twitter.com/PziABWH2am 29 June 2016
- 14:45...darshan is over @ MAC Chicago 29 June 2016
- Archana is being chanted 29 June 2016
- Morning meditation with Amma started @ MAC Chicago 29 June 2016
- Remember Mother is always with you. Love each other and serve each other selflessly. #Amma
- Logic can be used to establish or refute something. But that may not always be the truth. #Amma
- Happiness comes from the minute reflection of the infinite bliss that comes from within your true Self. #Amma
- Pride & selfishness will destroy us, but if we feel love & compassion as if we are every1s servant, the whole universe will bow down. #Amma
- Love is human nature; it is already present within us. But we are held back by our individual boundaries. #Amma
- Grace comes out of nowhere. It can happen anytime, in any place. #Amma