Amma has touched millions, and millions have been forever changed. Her presence is the best of what life has to offer—a locus of peace and love and inspiration that require no one’s endorsement. What she is, is self-evident. And this is why the world calls her “Mother.”
Like a cool breeze, Amma’s love has caressed people of all countries, all religions, all creeds and all walks of life. Like the warm sun rising in the east, it has awoken countless men, women and young people to a life of selfless service. Like the ocean that touches every shore, it is showing us that we are all one.
It is our immense pleasure to invite you to the 59th Birthday Celebrations of Her Holiness Sri Mata Amritanandamayi Devi, taking place at Amritapuri Ashram on Thursday, the 27th of September.
As a gesture of their inexpressible gratitude, thousands of people—from India and abroad—annually make the pilgrimage to Amritapuri in order to celebrate the day of Amma’s birth in her presence. For Amma, the day holds no special significance. She will spend it like she does any other—expanding the reach of her charitable programmes and drying the tears of the poor and suffering.
It is our sincere wish that you come to Amritapuri on this auspicious occasion to celebrate along with us.
September 26, 2012 Evening
Cultural Programs by Students of Amrita Educational Institutions
September 27 2012
- Sri Guru Padapuja
- Amma’s Birthday Address
- Awarding of Amrita Keerti Puraskar
New Charitable Projects of the value of Rs 25 crores
- 500 free homes for the homeless constructed for the poor throughout Kerala
- 200 free heart surgeries and 50 free kidney transplants
- Provision of financial assistance of rupees one lakh to families that lost a member in the Kannur LPG tanker explosion and
Sivakasi firework-factory explosion and rupees fifty thousand for someone seriously injured by the accidents
- Extension of Amrita Nidhi pensions for widows and handicaps programme by 3,000 recipients
- Extension of Vidyamritam scholarships-for-the-poor programme by 3,000 students
- Release of New Ashram Publications
- Distribution of Free Clothing to the Poor
- Free Marriage Ceremony for Impoverished Couples
- Followed by Amma’s Darshan